We are pleased to announce a season long series of golf events where male golf members of Lake Jovita earn points toward a season ending shootout to determine the “Champion Golfer of the Year".
The Jovita Cup is open to male golfers of all levels, regardless of the tees they play. In addition, players who did not place in their flight will also receive points for participation in the event.
Golf events will be divided into two categories; 1) Regular tournaments, and 2) Major tournaments.
Major tournaments winners and participants will receive double points. All tournaments (except Member Guest) will be held on weekends.
Jovita Cup Series
Jovita Cup Schedule of Events
(**denotes major tournament,points double)
Click on any Tournament Link Below to open Tournament Page with Description, Rules, Entry Form, Results and More
October 7, 2017 – Two Man Event
October 28 – Quota Game
November 4 – Two Man Scramble
November 18 & 19 – Club Championship **
December 2 – Superintendents Revenge
January 6, 2018 – Easy Course Challenge
January 20 – Jovita 6-6-6 (Two Man Teams)
February 10,11, 17, 18 – Match Play **
March 10 & 11 – Member / Member **
March 31 – Lone Ranger Four Man Team Event
April 6 – Masters “Pick Your Pro"
April 19 – 22 – Member Guest **
May 5 – Jovita Cup Shootout (top 20 point leaders)
15 Points 1st Place Gross
15 Points 1st Place Net
10 Points 2nd Place Net
8 Points 3rd Place Net
5 Points Participation
JOVITA CUP GRAND PRIZE = One Year Trail Fee
(members without trail fee win one year free cart fee)
Jovita Cup Season Entry Fee is $55
- White Tee – Foundation of the tournaments will be from the white tees.
- Green Tee = Age & Handicap 85+.
- Red Tee = Age & Handicap 95+.
- Opens two weeks prior to event, except major tournaments.
- Registration closes 72 hours prior to event.
- Registration will be done on line.
- Number of flights per event determined by number of entries.
- 1st place (gross) each flight
- 1st, 2nd,3rd place (net) each flight
- Closest to Pin.
- Hole In One – $1 per player, per tournament goes into fund and carries over until there is an ace.
Jovita Cup Rules:
- If the ESC differential becomes + – 4 points an adjustment will be made.
For any two man tournament players can make their own team. For four man teams, players will be selected as A ,B,C,D.